My ‘5 High End Products I loved in 2018’ got some serious love when I posted it earlier in the week so I just couldn’t delay in posting my budget friendly version. If you love a birra makeup, but don’t fancy splashing the cash then today’s post was made for ya sista! Here we go….
Catrice Light Correcting Serum Primer (€4.95 for 14ml) was recommended to me by one of my followers. Since first using it I think I may have purchased another 2 bottles, just because it’s actually that good. Oh and the bottle is pretty small, but I am putting it out to the Universe. Catrice will make a bigger bottle for us, I can feel it!
Here’s why I love this so much:
- The price is insane. At only €4.95 for 14ml you can’t go wrong
- This genuinely reminds me of Becca’s Backlight priming filter which costs around 8 times the price
- It gives the most natural radiance to the skin
- It leaves the skin looking smooth, healthy and just overall more youthful
- Smells Unreal
There is so much more I could say about this products! But, I have probably already said it in my review. Check it out here for even more lusting on this product! Best thing is, you don’t need to go far to get your hands on this. Catrice is available nationwide and in Penneys. Have you tried it or will you be trying it now after all our ravings!
I can’t actually believe I don’t have a dedicated post to the Note Cosmetics BB Cream (€11.95 for 30ml) on my website already. That is going to have to change of course! But for now here is why I adore this product and why it made it in to my Top 5 of 2018:
- Beautiful coverage without looking unnatural
- The skin looks flawless but still radiant
- Great for most skin types (oily will need to powder this)
- Long wearing
- Super easy to apply
- So reasonable when compared to other BB Creams on the market
The shade range isn’t the best in this but they are currently extending the range of shades with new shades launching very soon. I use shade 1 on pale days and 2 when I want a little more colour. For a full list of stockists you can check out the About section of Notes Facebook page.
The Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer €11.99 for ml (actually now called Eraser eye, just to confuse me!) isn’t something new to me in 2018 but I just couldn’t do a roundup of my favourite budget friendly makeup without including this. This is (without a doubt) my favourite concealer for everyday use. I do love the Too Faced concealer I mentioned in my High end favourites for nights out and when I want to up the coverage but for a natural, yet budge proof alternative this one wins hands down.
- Really light weight so great for not emphasising fine lines under the eye
- Gives great coverage for a lightweight concealer
- Not drying
- Doesn’t crease too much. Like all concealers, as the day goes on it will settle in to the fine lines but it won’t create more fine lines. That’s the key
- Long wearing
- Super easy to apply
Again, I go in to more detail in my previous full review (check it out here) if you want to grab more info! I tend to buy mine from Boots as they always have them on offer (currently on buy one get one half price).
Oh where do I even start! If you want to find the perfect blush, that gives just the right amount of glow, a dash of colour and makes every makeup look appear even better then you need Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso (€11 here for 3.5g) in your life!
- Gives the most natural glow to the cheeks
- Blends effortlessly
- Suits so many skin tones. Darker skins should try Bellissimo Bronze (yaasss!!)
- Gives a subtle colour without looking like Aunt Sally!
- Long lasting on the cheeks
- Compliments any eye or lip look
- Great for anyone that doesn’t like too much blush
- Doesn’t look glittery on the skin
YOU NEED THIS! Trust me. Cloud 10 also have it in stock at the moment for €11.50, it can sell out though so get it while you can.
And finally, saving one of my all times favourites until last. I bet this is no surprise! The Wet n Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powders €5.25 for 5.4g (particularly in the shade Precious Petals) are some of my favourite highlighters, no matter what the price tag.
- Highly pigmented
- Blend effortlessly
- Last really well on the skin
- Great range of shades
- So inexpensive
- Not choppy on the skin
Again, a full list of stockists are available on the Wet n Wild Ireland Facebook page if you want to take a closer look. You won’t regret it. Wet n wild is one of my fave budget brands.
So, what do you think? Are any of these your favourites or have you maybe found something new you are going to try? The best thing is, none of them costs a fortune so it makes the purchase even easier.
Leave me a comment below to let me know your experience with these products or what your budget friendly favourites of 2018 are! I am always looking for new suggestions.
Thanks for stopping by.
PS. I bought all of these products with my own money. I will always say if something was gifted to me, so don’t worry about that! Nothing but pure honesty right here!