Let’s face it. We all want to look our best but most of us don’t have the time (or energy) to sit around pampering ourselves for hours on end right?!!!. So…today’s post is a round up of the beauty tools I use regularly to help take the time out and hassle out of my beauty routine.
First up, let’s talk skin. Skincare is so important to me but by the time I get to take off my makeup at night I am only fit for bed. These items are my go to for quick but thorough skincare.
Cleanse off Mitt by The Skin Nerd
- Inexpensive at only €5.95. Shop here.
- Makes thoroughly cleansing the skin very easy. It does say you can use this mitt with just water. However, I like to use this to remove my cleanser instead
- Gentle on your skin
- Easy to clean
- Quick to use
- Gently exfoliates your skin to give a fresher appearance
- Great for daily facial massage
- Help the skin to absorb products more effectively
- Cooling on the skin (pop in the fridge for even more impact)
- Helps increase circulation leading to less inflammation and less puffiness
- Easy to use
- Inexpensive (if you buy right)
- Jade has some great holistic properties so if you want this benefit make sure to buy a real jade stone
This is one I love or here are some other alternatives.
I’ve a whole blog post dedicated to this if you want to read a little more but for now here is why I adore this tool.
- Stimulates collagen production
- Improves poor skin tones
- Acne scar reduction
- Hyper pigmentation (dark spots) reduction
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles
- Reduces pore size and firming
- Improves elasticity of skin
- Plumps skin
- Improves penetration of skincare products
- Not too expensive . Buy here and use code Adorn1 to get 15% off making the Dermaplump dermaroller only €17
Clarisonic Mia 2
- Delivers a deep pore-cleansing action to thoroughly cleanse the skin
- Slightly exfoliates the skin to reveal radiant, refined skin
- Removes excess oils, dirt and build up
- Evens out skin tone
- Improves penetration of any skincare products you use after it
- 2 speed settings for your comfort
- The timer allows you to know when you need to stop cleansing to eliminate over exfoliation/cleansing of the skin
These are not cheap. They are around €150 but I do love mine and find it great. But it is an investment so be sure you will get use out of them if you are thinking of buying it. You can buy them from Lookfantastic (keep an eye out for some discount codes from them, they always have deals on)
Don’t panic!!! Have you ever heard of Dermaplaning? It is basically the use of a sterile, scalpel to gently ‘shave’ the face to aid in exfoliation by removing the very top layer of the skin while also removing the vellus (peach fuzz) hair… I do this at home myself and have done for a long time. Here is why
- Skin looks brighter, clearer and smoother
- No unwanted facial hair for makeup to cling to
- Skin feels smoother
- The jaw line is emphasised because there is no excess hair shadowing it
- The skin is exfoliated allowing makeup and skincare to work better
- Very inexpensive. I use these ones but there are lots of cheaper alternatives available on amazon.
- The razor can be used to remove hair from other areas of the body (I use it on my arms)
- Very easy to use
- No discomfort
I’m sure I don’t need to say too much about these Everyone that follows me knows my love for these.
- Soft on the skin
- Easy to use
- Blends cream and liquid products effortlessly
- Leaves the skin looking less cakey
- Works product into the skin giving a more natural finish
- Great for getting in to the smaller hollows of the face (inner corner of eyes, around the nose)
- Easy to clean
- Relatively inexpensive. Roches Pharmacy have lots of options. Use code Adorn1 for 15% off
Twist & Spritz Fragrance Atomiser
Before I get in to why I love these let me first explain what they are. So, Twist & Spritz is an empty 8ml perfume atomiser that you can fill with your favourite scent (direct from your perfume bottle) and take it on the go with you. Genius!!
- Super handy for on the go
- Lightweight (no need to drag glass bottles around any more)
- Lots of different designs to choose from
- High quality
- Easy to use
- Inexpensive £10 or 2 for £16 here
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
I just can’t tell you that you need one of these in your life. They are such a big investment (just shy of €400 here) that it’s a purchase decision you should definitely make yourself. But, I do want to share with you my thoughts on this hair tool. I really love mine and if I am being honest, would purchase again without any hesitation. At first I wasn’t sure of it. It took me a while to become familiar with it but now I love it and heres why:
- Stylish design
- 3 speeds (Fast drying, Regular drying and Styling) and 4 heat settings makes it very versatile to use
- Really helps to control frizz
- Gives sleek, smooth appearance to hair (even curly)
- After use my hair looks like it dried naturally which is so important for curly hair
- Gives great volume to my hair when I use the diffuser
- The different nozzles give varied results (again very versatile)
- Never feels too hot
- Long cable which is so handy
- The storage box is very neat and holds the nozzles too
- The cold shot setting is great for blasting hair at the end
There ya have it! My favourite beauty tools that not only make me look and feel that little bit more pampered, they also speed up my beauty regime. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!
What’s your fave beauty tool? Let me know below. I am always on the hunt for the next best beauty gadget so I’d love to hear your suggestions.
Top Three Beauty Sponges for the perfect blend - Adorn.ie - Irish Nail and Beauty BlogAugust 17, 2019 at 5:55 am
[…] To check out more of my favourite beauty tools check out this post. […]
Maria KinsellaJuly 29, 2020 at 1:11 am
Absolutely great blog very informative