Yup, you read right? I think I have found my HG primer and guess what?! It’s less than a fiver!! When some of my insta pals (I don’t like referring to y’all as followers) recommended the Catrice Light Correcting Serum Primer to me I knew it must be a good one. You didn’t lead me wrong, this stuff is UNREAL.
I am going to keep this short and to the point. I genuinely believe people now want short, no bull reviews instead of lots of waffling. What do you think?
So what do I love about this primer?
- The price is insane. At only 4.95 for 14ml you can’t go wrong
- This genuinely reminds me of Becca’s Backlight priming filter which costs around 8 times the price of this
- It gives the most natural radiance to the skin
- It leaves the skin looking smooth, healthy and just overall more youthful
- There is no sign of glitter, just pure glow. We all know how much I hate glitter in face products!!
- The applicator is super handy
- The packaging is expensive and sleek looking
- Very Versatile – Can be used under foundation, mix with foundation, on top as a subtle highlight or on its own for a natural look
- Although most radiance primers do tend to emphasis pores I don’t feel this one does. It is very forgiving
- It doesn’t create excess oil on the skin. If you have slightly oily skin, you might even enjoy this.
- They small bloody delish
What don’t I like about this product?
- I do wish the bottle was a little bigger. I use this so much that it tends to run out quickly
- As far as primers go I think this is best for giving that glow as opposed to making foundations last longer. I tend to use powder for that anyway.
This primer is available in two shade, Candlelight which is a the lightest and Sunlight which looks amazing on tanned skin. I often mix the two for days when I am in between tanning. Sunlight would be stunning worn alone on holidays.
So, are you sold yet? I promise you, you won’t be disappointed. I would highly recommend this for anyone who wants that extra glow.
Catrice products are available in lots of stockists nationwide. I pick mine up in Penneys or McCabes pharmacy.
Have you tried this for yourself? Don’t forget to rate it below and tell us all your experience of the product.
Susan RyanOctober 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Love your new layout straight to the point and has given me the info I need to help me decide and……I’m so going to buy it thanks a mill for taking time to review it x
AnitaOctober 16, 2018 at 7:37 pm
Thanks so much Susan. I am so delighted you like it. Its much easier for everyone xx
EleanorOctober 16, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Gonna give this a go, my sister was raving about it too xx
AnitaOctober 16, 2018 at 9:02 pm
can’t wait to hear what you think of it x
Vicky MurphyOctober 16, 2018 at 10:41 pm
Love the short review!! Xxx
AnitaOctober 17, 2018 at 5:06 am
Thanks so much x
Ann-Marie CallaghanOctober 17, 2018 at 10:04 am
Love the Sunlight one but it’s really a summertime product. Must look for the candlelight one to try out.
AnitaOctober 17, 2018 at 11:27 am
You will really enjoy it I would say 🙂
CiaraOctober 18, 2018 at 11:33 am
I got this today and I noticed a sort of pinky colour in it too and just looks amazing but maybe not for everyday
SarahJanuary 2, 2019 at 10:31 pm
Will have to try this. What contour would you reccomend.
AnitaJanuary 3, 2019 at 8:02 am
Defo do. When you say contour are you looking for a cream or powder contour for your face? I love the So Su Cream Contour and I love sleek contour kit in light for a powder contour. I have so many favourites but they are a good place to start and not too expensive.
New From.... Catrice Cosmetics S/S '19 - Adorn.ie - Irish Nail and Beauty BlogMarch 15, 2019 at 7:16 pm
[…] My all time favourite Catrice product has to be the Light correcting serum primer which is just stunning. Check out my full review here. […]