Happy New Year to you. I really do hope that 2024 is starting off well for you. There is so much hopeful and excited (and a little bit hectic) energy around. But, remember, we are still in the depths of winter so there is no rush. Enjoy the time for what it is! A time to rest and restore ahead of the new season.
Today I want to share with you some powerful, thought provoking journal prompts. These are amazing to be used when you want a fresh start and also at the beginning of a new year, quarter or a new chapter in your life. Remember, if you are still wintering, that is ok! It’s a great time to reflect and plan even if you will not take action for a while.
My recommendation is that you grab your journal, a nice cosy space and a comforting drink and you allow yourself the time to truly sit and enjoy the journaling session. Enjoy.
- Where am I at in my life as I begin this new chapter? Be specific. Where do you spend your time? Who do you surround yourself with? What makes you happy? What drains your energy? What do you eat, watch, do for hobbies? What areas of your life are you happy with and not so happy with?
- What are some of the biggest lessons I have learnt recently?
- What of the above two prompts will I take into the new chapter and what will I leave behind?
- What identity will I take on in this new chapter?
- What are my biggest priorities moving into this new chapter?
- What would someone who really loves themselves do differently?
- What is one action or routine that I can incorporate into my daily life to feel like my favourite self?
- What is one habit or system that will be most impactful for me this year?
- What are some of the things I can do to take on a growth mindset?
- What is my ONE WORD to represent my new chapter? eg. space, time, self love, joy, fun, happiness, growth etc… Keep this word in your mind during every decision you make and ask yourself does this decision take me closer to my ideal life?
I really hope you found this useful and please comment below if you would like more of these sessions.
Wishing you a great year and enjoy your new chapter.