Still searching for that foundation that gives you a fresh, glowing complexion while feeling comfortable and wearing well? Yep, I hear ya! It’s a tough one to come across but I may have found something that might be of interest. Read on to hear more about the latest launch from Vichy. Be warned though, oily skins will struggle with this one!
So, Vichy launched their new MineralBlend Foundation a while back and I’ve been using it ever since. Here are some of the claims :
- Made with pure Mineral Pigments
- Natural finish
- Second skin finish
- 16 Hour Wear
- Ingredients include Hyaluronic Acid and Vichy Mineralising Water to make this foundation up to 3 times more hydrating than other foundations
- Great for Dry to Combo skins.
- After one month – visible signs of fatigue are reduced
Big claims right? So let me tell you what my experience was of this foundation.
- The finish is really lovely. It is very natural looking while still giving a very decent medium coverage
- Feels comfortable and very fresh to wear
- It melts really well into the skin but still blurs imperfections. My skin just looks better with this on.
- I prefer to apply this product with my fingers. It really works it into the skin and makes it last longer. If I want some extra coverage I will stipple the product on to those areas with a kabuki style brush
- I do feel this needs to be powdered, even on my drier skin.
- Even with powder, I still feel like a get some shine throughout the day. I actually like this though as it adds to the natural look
- It stays put all day otherwise. If you don’t like shine you may need to top up your powder during the day
- I like this for during the day but would not opt for it at night as I like a heavier coverage
- For me this is definitely for more drier skins. Slightly combo skin leaning on the drier side would also do well with this but I just don’t feel this will work as well for oily skins. The shine would drive you mad to be quite frank!
Overall, I really do think this foundation from Vichy is worth investigating if you are in the market for a natural looking foundation that still does the job of covering up what we want and IF your skin is on the dry side.
This foundation comes in 9 shades. I use Shade 3 (Gypsum) for non tan days and Shade 6 when I am fake tanned (I’m wearing shade 6 above). Shade 1 is also one I have tried and although it is the lightest in the range it isn’t actually that light. I do think really pale skins will struggle to find the perfect match in this range.
Best of all, this foundation (for the quality) is very reasonable. It costs €18.95 for 30ml and Roches do stock it where you can use my 15% off code Adorn1 (Not an affiliate code).
Have you tried this foundation? Or is it on your wish list? Let me know your thoughts below and make sure to rate the product below if you have used it. It would be great to hear others experiences.
For more foundation reviews from me check out these.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely day
PS. This product was sent to me by Roches pharmacy for consideration of review and to share my experiences with you all. I hope you enjoyed my honest review.